Finding effective office equipment and solutions that help increase productivity and efficiency in your business is key. Office copiers that are always jamming and out of order can decrease work productivity significantly. Avoid this frustrating problem by upgrading your copier ASAP. Not sure which office copier you should use? Here are a few tips on how to choose a copier that’s right for your business and all your specific needs.
- First determine what type of copies you will be making. Do you only print in black & white or do you also need a color printer? Color copiers, such as Ricoh or Savin, have 4 different types of toner while black & white copiers only require one. For this reason, black & white copiers are less expensive because of they are cheaper to operate and have a lower per copy cost.
- Determine the output speed you need. If a large number of employees are sharing the office copiers or if you tend to print a lot in your company than consider a high-speed printer. High-speed office printers and copiers can produce up to 100 or more copies per minute. If you’re a small business and don’t print very much, you may not need to spend the money on a high-speed printer and can opt for a less-expensive alternative.
- Consider the printer and copier accessories. Whether paper trays, sorters, paper-feed trays, booklet markets or staplers, make sure that the copier you choose is able to perform all of your business needs.
- Paper size. Many basic copiers only handle letter-sized (8 ½ by 11 inch) and legal sized (8 ½ by 14 inch) paper sizes. However many production copiers can handle ledger-size and other custom-paper sizes.
- Consider the paper-weight needed. Paper weights can range from 15 # to up to 110 #. For custom stationary and letterhead, a more advanced Ricoh copier may be needed.