If your office uses a Konica Minolta Bizhub, you are aware of how reliable it is. With all machines, some technical difficulties arrive that require human action. Here are five easy steps to fix a paper jam for a Konica Minolta Bizhub.
- Determine where the paper jam occurred. The display should indicate this information for you. There are three main areas where papers misfire: the paper drawers, the document feeder, and the side compartment. A misfire in the document feeder could mean that papers weren’t properly aligned before you tried to make a copy, while an issue in the paper drawers might have been caused by paper in the trays not being inserted correctly. However, the most common place to find jammed paper is the side compartment where the actual imaging happens.
- Press “Start guidance” on the control panel. This can give you step-by-step instructions when you experience a paper jam. The display will zoom in on the part where the Bizhub senses the paper jam and show what to open.
- Now it’s time to open up the Bizhub. Depending on where the paper jam is located (as indicated by your control panel), follow one of these three steps: a) Press the gray button on the right side of your printer to open up the compartment. Usually the paper will be visible immediately. Remove any paper you see. b) Lift the document feeder and remove the paper if it was a jammed copy. c) Open the paper drawers and make sure there is no paper caught in the feeder.
- If the control panel indicates that your jam is in the side compartment but you don’t see the paper immediately, look for the green buttons around the inside of your Konica Minolta Bizhub. They give you access to other parts, including the fusing and auto duplex units. You should find the paper jam there.
- Once the paper is removed, close everything and check the display screen. It should start right back up with the job it was doing before the misfire! If it says that there is still a paper misfire, double-check the components listed above and repeat the steps if necessary.
At Premium Digital Office Solutions, we provide the highest quality Konica Minolta products in the New York/New Jersey Metro area. You can be confident that your Konica Minolta color copier will look and operate like brand new. If you ever run into a problem, our qualified technicians are available to help. When you purchase a Konica Minolta color copier from us you get a fantastic value–great savings, current model copier, free shipping along with an optional local service contract. Contact us today at: 973-439-1570 or email@example.com.